T3 is a thyroid hormone known as triiodothyronine. Reverse T3 (rT3) is the inactive form of the hormone. It is converted from T4 through the enzyme called 3-5’-deiodinase enzyme. 3-5’-deiodinase enzymes then decompose into diiothyronine. Elevation of rT3 can come from the increased conversion of T4 to rT3 or inability for rT3 to convert to diiothyronine. This can lead to signs of hypothyroidism.
How is T3 produced?
T3 is produced with T4 and calcitonin from the thyroid gland, located in the anterior region of the neck. About 80 percent of the thyroid gland makes T4, while the remaining 20 percent is T3. T4 is responsible for converting to T3 through the enzyme 3-5’-deiodinase enzyme, as mentioned above.
What does Reverse T3 affect?
Thyroid hormones are responsible for many aspects of the human body. It plays an important role in metabolism, growth, and other developmental aspects.
Since the conversation of T4 to T3 is blocked, that results in high
This section is incomplete; should I add some more info or omit the section?
Natural Treatments for Reverse T3
Luckily, there are natural remedies for treating Reverse T3. These foods, supplements, and lifestyle changes will allow boost
This section too
Low Impact Exercise
Exercise is an essential part of life that should always be included in one’s routine. While movement and exercise are essential for circulation, the low impact may be less stressful on the body
Indicate stressors in your life and try to find ways to reduce those stressors
Gomes-Lima C, Wartofsky L, Burman K. Can Reverse T3 Assay Be Employed to Guide T4 vs. T4/T3 Therapy in Hypothyroidism? Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2019 Dec 11;10:856. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2019.00856. PMID: 31920970; PMCID: PMC6917573.
Halsall DJ, Oddy S. Clinical and laboratory aspects of 3,3',5'-triiodothyronine (reverse T3). Ann Clin Biochem. 2021 Jan;58(1):29-37. doi: 10.1177/0004563220969150. Epub 2020 Nov 4. PMID: 33040575.
Acrochordons, commonly known as skin tags, are those small, benign skin growths that often appear in areas like the folds of the neck, armpits, breasts, and groin. While genetics and friction have long been recognized as contributing factors to their formation, recent research has uncovered a fascinating link between skin tags and a condition called […]
Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disorder that impacts the thyroid gland, often leading to hypothyroidism. This condition is characterized by inflammation in the thyroid gland and the production of antibodies that attack the thyroid tissue. While medications are commonly prescribed to manage Hashimoto's, certain supplements may offer valuable support in alleviating symptoms and promoting thyroid […]
Various supplements and vitamins can be taken when it comes to thyroid disease. This is certainly not a one-size fits all picture. While the web can be a source of an immense amount of information, with that comes a lot of misinformation. When we consider vitamins for thyroid disease, the first question we must ask […]
Ever tried that spicy but slightly sweet and pungent ginger root? Well, this herb not only adds a pleasant flavor to some of your favorite dishes but actually has many unbelievable health benefits! It has been used by many different cultures for centuries for its medical properties. For starters - what exactly is ginger? Ginger, […]
This Site may include a variety of features, such as health tips and videos, services provided at Natural Endocrinology Specialist, our online Supplement store, NESAZ Programs, email, and patient portal services. DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These programs and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information contained herein is for informational purposes. Please be sure to consult your doctor before taking this or any other product/program. Consult your doctor for any health problems or before starting a new program.